Thursday, March 13, 2008

From Valerie

I,Valerie, wanted to tell you all a little bit more about the speech and debate class Josh and I are going to. On the first day (for the debate part) we had to get up and say our opinion on something. I don’t know how many of you know I play the piano, but I said, “Pianos are the best instrument in the world!” (I know many of you probably don’t agree, but that’s the point). I’m usually shy in front of strangers, but I’m getting used to it. Our teacher, Doyle Srader, is very, VERY funny! I really like the class. For speech (which is where I needed to learn the most because I say “kinda” ALOT) I’ve learned about how to give a speech, why NOT to memorize your speech, and what jokes are good…and not good. We have a project to give a speech on “something you like to do” or “Yourself” - Josh and I both choose something we like to do. I chose cooking as my topic. Since I don’t like getting up in front of strangers, I ask that you’d pray that I don’t forget my speech!! For debate….some of it is confusing, but most of it is interesting. Well, I hope all of you like our blog, and I’d love to hear from my friends… Thanks!! Valerie Driver

No comments: